1. WEEKLY WORKOUTS
2. Disciplined Diet
3. BOOKCLUB & Question of the Day
It takes 21 days to form a habit, but 90 days to make a true lifestyle change. We are after the transformation of our minds, bodies, and souls. But we can not do it alone. We need God and each other. For 90 days we will step into new rhythms of discipline together to establish real STRENGTH, PURPOSE, & FREEDOM.
Three Workouts Per Week
- Group Fitness commitment (in person, Zoom, or on-demand)
- When: Sep 5th – Dec 2nd. (M,W,F @ 5:50 – 7am PST)
Where: Three Options
Log in to Zoom for live workout.
- OR do the workout On-Demand
We film on Southside of Pier in Seal Beach & all are welcome.
- We begin with a 10 min Guided Performance Breathing Protocol. Don’t worry, I’ll walk you through everything. All you need to do is listen, breathe, and hold your breath 😉
- Then into a 10 minute dynamic stretch warmup, followed by 35 to 45 minutes of various all body sandbag lifts, sprints, and activities
- The workouts are custom designed and incorporate beach lifeguard training, HIIT training (High-Intensity Interval Training), & Cross training movements. We utilize a 45lb to 75lb sandbag for dynamic weight resistance and burden carries. But have alternative workouts if you don’t have a bag.
the pursuit90 diet
protein/ Carbs/ Fats
- Freedom to eat what you want within your calorie constraint. (More details to come).
- Find your daily calories using our formula below.
- Track your calories and macros with myFitness Pal App.
- 30-Day Kick Start – No Alcohol & No Processed Sugar.
- Fast for 24 hours, one day a week.
Depending on your goals, whether to lose weight, maintain, or gain weight we have a formula to help you get there.
3 steps to calculate your personal Macros for weight loss or weight gain, depending on what you want!
- For weight loss, multiply body weight by 12-14x depending on how aggressive you want to be. 16x for maintenance, 18x for weight gain. This is your caloric total for the day.
- Eat 1g of protein per pound of body weight per day during weight loss. 0.7g/lb during weight gain.
- Fill in the remaining calories with healthy fats or carbohydrates.
1g of protein = 4kcal
1g of carbohydrate = 4kcal
1g of fat = 9kcal
This is completely proven. Total calories and protein are set. Remember calories become a preference thing or based on the purpose of training.
For example, If you weigh 170.
- 170×14=2,380 (slow weight loss)
- 170g of protein/day =680cal
- 2,380-680=1,700 remaining calories to do what you want with (carbs/fats).
If you stick with your personal caloric intake and measure your Macros each day, you will hit your goal by the end of the 90!
WHAT THE HECK ARE MACROS?
*Macronutrient is a bucket term for the three types of nutrients that make up the bulk of what we eat: carbohydrates, fat and protein. Our bodies require an ample amount of each to function properly.
Whether you’re using macros to drive your food choices or just trying to eat a balanced diet, it’s good to know which foods contain more of which macros.
- High-carb, low-protein: fruits and vegetables
- High-carb, low-fat: pasta, rice, cereal, bread, legumes, fruits, vegetables
- High-fat, low-carb: nuts, seeds, olive oil, cheese
- High-fat, low-protein: avocado, olive oil, coconut milk
- High-protein, low-carb: eggs, meat, fish
- High-protein, low-fat: nonfat Greek yogurt, cottage or cream cheese, turkey or chicken breast, lean ground beef, whey protein powder *sourced from myFitnessPal
TYPES OF FOODS TO FOCUS ON:
- Fruits: apples, bananas, berries, oranges, peaches, pears, etc.
- Veggies: Broccoli, cauliflower, cucumbers, leafy greens, tomatoes, etc.
- Whole grains: Quinoa, rice, oats, barley, buckwheat, etc.
- Healthy fats: Olive oil and avocados
- Sources of protein: Meat, poultry, fish, legumes, eggs, nuts, seeds, etc.
- Drinking calorie-free beverages like water and unsweetened tea and coffee, even while fasting, can also help control your appetite while keeping you hydrated.
You are in control of your cravings, your cravings do not control you.
We will dive deeper into the diet. Be on the lookout in your inboxes.
Bookclub & Journal
Read SHORTCUTS & journal the questions
Finding your dream job. Discovering your purpose and passion. Achieving success and mastery in your field. Building healthy work-life balance. Experiencing fulfillment in all areas of life.
These are all worthy desires to pursue, but not only do we lack a roadmap to make these things happen, the world pressures us to skip the line and use the latest “hacks” to reach these goals. Yet most of the time when we go looking for shortcuts, it makes things harder in the long term.
Over the course of the next 13 weeks, you will receive weekly emails guiding us along with the reading for the week. Lastly, we will have questions to dive deeper into what we are after together.
On the sand, Southside of the Pier near the water, or stream in virtually via Zoom.
What do I need:
Board Shorts and a Sandbag. Most of our workouts involve a Sandbag to perform everything from burden carries to Olympic lifts and more. Don’t worry if you don’t have a bag yet. We have alternatives for every workout.